Thursday, May 17, 2012

And then...there were three.

This will be my final post before....my final post for Costa Rica. We're done with our finals. I just submitted my paper for a second time. It's been foggy, rainly, sunny---lovely all over. I saw black-breasted wood quail chicks this morning while birdwatching. We have a barbecue at Alan's tonight.

....IT'S OUR LAST DAY AT THE STATION. I will not spend any more time on this computer.

Even though I can practice lizard-catching for my summer job while being on it. Just caught this little guy here on the porch---as well as a silver beetle for some visiting Texan biologists who are studying how they see polarized light. Sceloporus malachiticus. (For you, Pete.)

We all got our CIEE Spring 2012 shirts, so we can officially be a cult. 
I wonder if people remember that I coined the term "Janzen Unicorn" back in Corcovado. 
(For all non-CIEE people...Dan Janzen -is- tropical biology. He postulated extinct Pleistocene mammal dispersers of fruits like mangoes: hence, Janzen unicorn dispersers. Hence the shirts.)


....AND WE HAVE THREE DAYS AND--
I'M GOING TO THE FIG TREE NOW. 

Write later. Gosh. 
Cheers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment